Child Nutrition

Special Diets and Food Allergies

The safety and well being of your child is a top priority for Cumberland County Schools Child Nutrition Services.  Child Nutrition Services recognizes there are children in our school system that have special dietary needs.  As a department, we can make accommodations for those needs for special diets as ordered by your child’s physician.

To help us properly serve your child, a copy of the Special Diet Order Form (link below) needs to be completed and returned to the Cafeteria Manager and School Office/Nurse.  Copies of the form can be printed off below or obtained from the Cafeteria Manager at your child’s school.

By accurately completing the information requested on the Order Form, this will help us to best care for your child’s dietary needs.  Each special dietary request must be supported by a statement explaining the requested food substitution and must be signed by a recognized medical authority.  The Medical Statement must include:

  • An identification of the medical or other special dietary condition which restricts the child’s diet;
  • The food or foods to be omitted from the child’s diet; and
  • The food or choice of foods to be substituted.

Once the forms are returned, our Cafeteria Managers will review all information and make accommodations accordingly.  Meetings can be scheduled with parents, Cafeteria Managers, and other personnel to ensure all questions and concerns are addressed.

Please be aware:  Diet Order Forms should be completed and submitted every year.

Special Diet Order Form

If you have any questions, please contact the Child Nutrition office at 910-678-2502.

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1)        mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2)        fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3)        email: [email protected].

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Published by Jennifer Rozier on July 23, 2020

Cumberland County Schools
2465 Gillespie Street • Fayetteville, NC 28306

© 2019 Cumberland County Schools
Send questions or comments to

CCS Web Manager

Website Accessibility
I Accesibilidad a las Pбginas Web
| Copyright/Privacy Notices and Disclaimers | Derecho de Propiedad Literaria/Avisos Privados y Renuncias | Non-Discrimination Policy and Grievances