Side Child Nutrition

Free and Reduced Lunch Application Information


How to apply for free or reduced price meals for your child:

To receive free or reduced price meals for your child, you must complete an application and return it to your child’s school.  Households are free to change or update their application as their household income or size may change.

At the opening of the school year, your child’s status from the previous year can be used for ten days.  It is necessary for a new application to be completed and processed for the child to qualify for benefits for the current year.

The process requires that you complete the application with all necessary information and return it to your child’s school for official processing.   You may apply for free or reduced meals based on your household income.  It is necessary to provide information concerning all monthly income and all family members living in the house.  Federal income guidelines are used to compute the student eligibility based on information provided.

A household may also apply for free or reduced meals as a result of being a food stamp household or a Work First Act (WFFA) household.  You must provide the case number in either of the instances.

A student may qualify for free or reduced meals if he/she lives in a foster home or group home.

It is required that all necessary information be provided before the application can be processed.  This includes signature of an adult household member and the social security number of the person signing the form.  If any required information is not provided, the application will be returned to the household for completion.

***A family may reapply at any time during the school year***

For additional information concerning the “Application for Free and Reduced Price Meals”, call Child Nutrition Services at 910.678.2595.

For more information, including the federal income eligibility guidelines for July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2017, please visit the NCDPI website at and click on the appropriate link under “News.”


“In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at 800. 877.8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call  866.632.9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:  (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax:  202.690.7442; or (3) email:
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
Published by Jennifer Rozier on February 1, 2017
Cumberland County Schools
2465 Gillespie Street • Fayetteville, NC 28306
© Cumberland County Schools

Send questions or comments to Web Manager

Copyright/Privacy Notices and Disclaimers | Derecho de Propiedad Literaria/Avisos Privados y Renuncias